Wednesday, October 26, 2011

How to Make (Healthier!) Sweet Tea


I'm originally from the South.  Florida is south of most places in the United States, but is not in the South.  In the South, the beverage of choice is iced sweet tea.  Much to my strictly nursing mother's dismay, I think my grandmother started me on it at the ripe old age of 3 months. I think sweet tea runs in my veins.

However, due to growing waistlines and concern for a family history of diabetes, a few years ago I started trying to drink UNsweet.  I know...sad.  And I still do, sometimes.  Or at least half and half (which Chick-Fil-A does the best job of doing by the way). 

Today I discovered a new trick.  Instead of using sugar or honey to sweeten my tea, I tried using a bag of a flavored tea.  Voila!  Sweet (but less sugary!) iced tea.

I used 3 regular bags of tea, and one bag of Celestial Seasonings Honey Vanilla Chamomile.  It is delish!

1 comment:

  1. That's a good idea! I'm not the biggest fan of tea (sweet or un), but my hubby loves sweet tea.

    ReplyDelete